To better understand what is basicmarketing communications, it is better to divide the term and define each part separately. The word "marketing" has long been heard, it seems that everyone knows the meaning of it, but ask - you will get a large number of different definitions. There is nothing surprising: in each textbook, it is defined in its own way, although, of course, there are no opposing opinions. In a nutshell: marketing communications is the process of determining, stimulating and most fully satisfying the needs of the buyer. Getting profit during this process is already the area of work of other specialists (accountants, financiers, tax inspectors).
Communication - this term is understandable to all.Therefore, marketing communications is a set of activities aimed at maximally informing the target audience about the useful qualities of the product (service). This complex includes many tools and concepts.
The most significant marketing communications are:
- Advertising:impersonal appeal to the consumer of the goods, with an appeal to buy precisely this product (service) and an explanation of any uniqueness. Channels are used: radio, TV, newspapers, outdoor advertising, newsletters, the Internet.
- Formation of a recognizable brand (brand): the development of a logo, company symbolism.
- Public relations (the creation of a positivecompany image or product) Public Relations (PR): caused by an oversupply of supply in the market. In order for the end user to make his choice in favor of your product, you need to demonstrate objective assessments of independent experts, other consumers, public opinion. You can consider the support of the Russian mentality (for our people the opinion of the neighbor is more important than all the others).
- Promotion of loyalty programs (additional products and services that improve the image of the company and the trademark).
- Sales management (personal sales,stimulation of sales by bonus programs). Many people came to polite guys with a demonstration of the wonderful possibilities of a vacuum cleaner, which is a little cheaper than a car - this is personal sales. But this is not the best example, if the goal and the process are set correctly, you can achieve great results while retaining the face and prestige of the trade mark.
- Direct marketing (address personal address to the buyer through direct mailings on the Internet, mail).
- Stimulation of sales: shares, one-time discounts, lotteries, other activities to revive interest in the brand. Are focused on short-term prospect.
In everyday life we can see the use of marketing communications in politics:
- cause interest in the brand (candidate);
- to make the program of the candidate well-known (useful properties of the goods);
- to achieve the consumer's interest in the goods (voting).
It turns out that the technologies are similar, the main thing is thatthe consumer was not offered stale goods. But this already lies in the sphere of the environment of the goals and mission of the enterprise. For a company working in the long term, marketing communications are a process located in the sphere of the interests of the society for which it works.