Coconuts are associated with "paradise"pleasure "because of the once popular commercial, but have you tried milk from these fruits? Yes, this is the name given to the extract of the coconut pulp of characteristic white color and consistency, which is valued for its proven usefulness .It is irreplaceable for people who have decided give up animal products.In this article we will introduce you to the recipe for coconut milk.It's very simple to cook at home!
How to get coconut milk?
First of all, we will dispel the main myth. The water that splashes inside the fruit is not milk. The latter is obtained from the white flesh, which is rubbed into the shavings.
In production, the coconut base is crushed with special equipment. Milk is squeezed out of it by powerful press installations.
Ordinary traders from the tropical countries conductthis process entirely by hand - rubbing coconut chips, squeeze out of it a nutritious white liquid. We in the recipe of homemade coconut milk will follow their example. We will only help ourselves with household appliances and tools.
Where can I apply the drink?
We've heard a lot about this product, but where can I use it? Coconut milk, cooked from chips that is very simple, is used like this:
- As an independent refreshing drink.
- Base for fruit cocktails.
- The basis for extinguishing meat, fish, seafood.
- Preparation of desserts.
- Replacement of cow's milk in cereals, risotto.
- Creation of lean dishes.
- Cream of coconut milk is used to decorate ice cream, desserts, fruits.
Here is such a universal product.
To make coconut milk at home, you will need the following:
- Coconut (or two glasses of chopped flesh of the fruit).
- Hot water (can be substituted for cow milk) - 2 cups.
That's all there is to the process!
How to Make Coconut Milk in Your Home
And we proceed to the "extraction" of the product. Here it is - a recipe for coconut milk:
- Chop the fruit. Well in this case, the usual little hammer helps. Separate the white pulp from the brown mass and shell - then you can use a screwdriver.
- Coconut flesh is cut into small cubes - we further grate them on a grater (use the smallest cutting).
- On average, one fruit will give us 2 cups of coconut chips.
- Now we fall asleep in a deep container, a saucepan.
- Pour boiling water (or just boiled milk).
- Now the mass is closed with a lid - leave it alone until it cools down completely.
- Once the coconut composition is at about room temperature, pour it into the blender and beat well.
- Now we need a strainer or colander. From above we line the net with a layer of clean gauze.
- Recipe for the preparation of coconut milk percolate the liquid in a separate container through such a device.
- Raise the gauze with the remaining chips in it, with your hands squeeze out the remaining milk in it.
- Coconut milk is bottled, sent to the refrigerator. It can be stored in such conditions for two days.
From being in a cold place to the surfaceliquids pop up coconut cream - they can be put in coffee or tea, beat up to make desserts. They are also removed for further use, but you can simply shake the bottle before consuming the drink. Cream will make it nutritious.
Preparation of milk from chips
For the recipe of coconut milk, it is not necessary to look for a nut in supermarkets - not everywhere such a fruit is sold. You can limit and more accessible chips.
Recipe for coconut milk at home for this case is:
- Steam the chips with boiling water. For 1 part of the product, 2 parts of water is taken.
- Cover the container with a coconut shaving lid, leave for half an hour.
- Now thoroughly beat the resulting mass in a blender.
- The resulting composition is filtered through a screen, previously covered with gauze.
- From the mass left in the matter, we also squeeze the remaining milk. That's all!
By the way, the chips that are left after the "extraction" of milk can be dried and used in the future to decorate desserts.
Coconut flour - non-waste production
We introduced you to the recipe for coconut milk. But do not rush out the chips that remained after the preparation of the product. From it we will now produce coconut flour! This is done like this:
- The shavings are distributed on a baking tray, previously covered with culinary parchment paper.
- Place the product in the oven for one to two days.
- After that, the coconut mass is ground in a coffee grinder.
- It is stored in a bank in a cool place. For example, in the refrigerator.
This product is an excellent substitute for the usual wheat flour. Some prefer coconut oil because it does not contain gluten.
What is contained in coconut milk?
You have probably heard about the rich in vitamins and trace elements of coconut milk. So let's determine what is contained in the liquid we just received:
- Medium chain fatty acids.
- Lauric acid.
- Saturated fats.
- A whole range of antioxidants.
- Omega-3, omega-6, omega-9 fatty acids.
- Vitamins A, groups B, C, E.
It can be said that coconut milk with such a composition does indeed surpass the long-established traditional cow milk in many respects.
All about the benefits of the product
And one more important question. And how will the use of coconut milk along with all the elements contained in it be useful for you and me? Let's find it out:
- Reducing high blood pressure. This contributes to potassium, which is rich in the product. Element allows you to adjust blood pressure.
- Protection from the negative effects of free radicals. This mission is undertaken by the antioxidants that are contained in this coconut product.
- Normalization of the proportion of sugar in the blood. Yes, coconut milk is recommended for diabetics. The fact is that the magnesium contained in it in the process of metabolism helps the body better absorb glucose.
- Strengthening the immune system.Lauric acid takes on this task. The element is known for its antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal effect. The highest content of lauric acid is in human breast milk. Now we understand why pediatricians advise mothers not to refuse such feeding. Breastfed babies have stronger immunity, they are less susceptible to diseases.
- Normalization of blood cholesterol. With this cope saturated fatty acids, with which coconut milk is rich.
- For normalization of weight, weight loss.Coconut milk rightly refers to dietary products. It's all about the same saturated fats. What are they good for? The element helps you to feel the saturation at the time when you ate a portion, much smaller than the standard. Scientists have already established that the main cause of obesity is a lack of saturated fat in the body. And the banal replacement of their simple carbohydrates, which lead to fullness.
- Нормализация обмена веществ.Coconut milk has a high content of medium chain fatty acids. They are immediately sent to the synthesis of energy, and not deposited in reserve. Milk is helpful and suffering from pancreatitis. Medium chain fatty acids for absorption by the body do not need pancreatic enzymes.
It is important to note that coconut milkideal for people whose body is sensitive to lactose (the constant component of the usual cow's milk). With such a product, they may eat previously unsuitable milk porridges and desserts.
In addition, the researchers note that coconut milk repeats all the beneficial properties of equally popular coconut oil.
Here we are dismantled with you, as your ownby forces to “get” from coconut or from shavings of fruit pulp such a liquid useful for the organism. As you have noticed, this process is absolutely simple, not requiring special skills and impressive time-consuming. Good appetite!