Probably, imagine a person's life withouttelevision at the present stage is impossible. For the convenience of watching TV programs, the most intricate ideas are embodied in reality, beginning with SMART technologies and ending with interactive TV. Are there any differences between the types of broadcasting? What are the pros and cons of television? We will try to answer these questions in the article.
In the Russian Federation for the first timetalked about interactive television 3 years ago. From that time, an amazing history of the development of these technologies began. All leading providers of the state switched to a similar method of providing television servants. What are the pros and cons of television of this type?
- First, the main advantage of such broadcastingis that users have a wide range of functionality that will make watching your favorite programs enjoyable and convenient. It's about such custom functions as rewind, record and pause any TV programs. In addition, it is possible to display the program schedule on the TV screen, as well as integration with the most popular social networks.
- Secondly, there is a wide technical potential. The image is amazing with its quality, especially when broadcasting HD channels. The picture is clear, has no glare and other interference.
- Thirdly, it is possible to conduct interactive television, even if there is no standard connection. In this case, providers use a telephone line (ADSL technology).
Cons of interactive TV
Speaking about the pros and cons of television, it should be noted, and obvious shortcomings.
- For the translation of channels, a specialSTB-prefix. Its cost is from 3 thousand rubles. In some cases, the price reaches 10 thousand, which depends on the provider. You can not buy it in a store at a lower cost. The only thing that operators can offer is the purchase of equipment in installments for 12, 24 or 36 months. In this case, the monthly fee will include the cost of the console - from 100 rubles and above.
- To control the console, an additional remote control is provided, which may not be convenient for everyone.
- If the telephone line has low capacity, there is a risk that the application for connection will be rejected.
Great popularity among the inhabitants of Russiaenjoys satellite TV. To date, there are a large number of operators providing a similar service, starting from "Tricolor TV" and ending with "NTV-plus". What are the pros and cons of satellite television?
- Availability. If interactive TV can be connected under certain conditions, satellite TV is available to every user without restrictions.
- A colossal set of channels. On the choice of the audience more than 100 channels are provided, and there is also an additional opportunity to connect thematic catalogs.
- A clear image, especially when you connect HDTV.
Cons of satellite TV
Modern television, its pros and cons inwhole converge, regardless of the technology of data transmission. However, satellite TV has slightly different drawbacks. So, it should be said that in bad weather, during a thunderstorm or strong clouds, the signal that comes from the satellite can disappear. This is the reason why watching TV channels is impossible under such conditions. This problem is solved independently, after the unfavorable weather conditions have been completed.
Talking about satellite and cabletelevision, pluses and minuses of these modes of broadcasting, do not forget about such a general drawback, as the disappearance of channels from the usual list or their coding. This problem is solved by tuning the frequency of the signal.
For today in the territory of the Russian FederationFederation launched a program that aims to replace the analog signal to digital TV. The owners of the TV, in which the digital receiver is installed, can view up to 20 channels through a conventional antenna. For those who do not have such an opportunity, special equipment was developed - a receiver. After installing this device, even in the most remote parts of Russia, you can view your favorite channels. Pros and cons of this type of television are as follows:
- The image has a high resolution and good clarity.
- When watching TV channels there is no interference.
- No subscription fee. 20 channels are provided completely free of charge, regardless of the viewing region.
- Easy setup, as well as no additional conditions during operation.
Cons of digital TV
Speaking about the pros and cons of digital television, special attention should be paid to the shortcomings of this technology.
- In some cases friezes may appear. This problem is due to signal degradation or lightning interference.
- Limitation.Digital TV offers the possibility of free viewing of only 20 channels. Anything over this is provided for a certain monthly subscription fee after the purchase of special equipment.
- Disparate ratio.Very often you can see that when watching certain TV channels on the sides there are vertical or horizontal frames. This is due to the fact that there are no unified broadcast parameters on the territory of the Russian Federation. Thus, some channels are broadcast in a resolution of 16: 9, and some - in the format inherent in the old equipment (4: 3).